What a cute name – Cherry Plum! In fact, it’s about the cute little people who lose it when they think they don’t control the situation anymore. Then, they’re adding to that initial state a second anxiety… not so cute! Because they lose control, and lose their reason with it, they could use Cherry Plum…
This Bach flower # 6 is therefore for those who lose their cool and help them to think more rationally.
- Feeling like you’re losing your temper for nothing;
- Need to let go and release tension;
- Fear of losing their reason and of doing wrong, of giving in to their impulses.
- Cherry Plum tree flower develops strength and mental energy.
- This Bach flower promotes lucidity and composure.
- It calms the mind and helps to keep one’s inner calm.
In the Words of Dr. Bach
Dr. Bach categorized this flower as “Fear” – the fear of the “Plum” person is losing control. To lose control of yourself and do something horrible, to yourself or someone else. Fear of going crazy and acting irrational are plum states.
Cherry Plum is also the remedy for a loss of control that has already occurred, due to the frenzied fear and terror associated with such situations. Think about the fear that a small child experiences in the grip of an irrational, screaming tantrum: it is also a plum state.
Cherry Plum is one of the ingredients in Dr. Bach’s original crisis formula, which he developed for emergency use.
The Crisis Formula
Well known under the name Rescue Remedy, and available in all good pharmacies, this formula allows you to bridge the gap when you do not have the right remedy on hand. It is not a remedy as such but a mixture of 5 different remedies:
- Star of Bethlehem – Orithogalum umbellatum: For trauma and shock, experienced recently or in the past. Teaches the ability to recover from trauma and integrate them into present life.
- Rock Rose – Helianthemum: For situations in which one experiences panic or terror.
- Cherry Plum: For those who fear losing control of their thoughts and actions and doing things that they know are bad for them or that they consider bad. Teaches confidence in spontaneous wisdom and the courage to follow one’s path.
- Impatiens Impatiens – gladulifera: For those who act and think fast and have no patience for what they see as the slowness of others. They often prefer to work alone. Teaches empathy, understanding, patience with others. Quick action to relieve an impatient attitude and reduce stress.
- Clematis – Clematis vitalba: For those who find their life miserable and retreat to imaginary worlds. They are indifferent to the details of everyday life. Helps build a bridge between the physical world and the world of ideas and can foster great creativity Is also used to bring clarity and alertness to the present moment.
Fear that the mind will be overloaded, that reason will give way, to do frightening and dreaded things, which are unwanted and badly known, but there is the thought and the impulse to do them. – The twelve healers and other remedies
If you liked this article, you might also like: