How to Begin Distance Learning
Once your registration is confirmed, you can start your studies.
Contact Your Tutor and Course Instructor
- Course materials will be sent by mail in pdf file
- Supplemental information is sent by phone or by email
- Future contacts scheduling
- Follow-up is set up by a tutor
Study the First Course
- Follow the sylabus
- Contact your tutor when needed
Carry out the assignments
- Do the assignments for each chapter
- Self-correct assignments
- Perform the graded assignment at the end of the course
Send in Evaluation Forms to the Tutor
- Start the next course
- Get corrections from the tutor
- Get your report card
- Receive the next planned course in the program
Same Steps for the Next Course, According to the Program
Each course has assignments and graded work to hand in
Final Assignment for a Program
- Hand in an outline of final assignment
- Prepare and write final assignment
- Hand in final assignment for correction by tutor
Get Your Certification
- Receive your report card
- Receive your certification or diploma
- On demand, receive a reference letter for the professional association of your choice
At the end of each chapter, in addition to the test, each course ends with a written assignment. If you are registered under Professional Status, there is also a questionnaire that must be completed and send back to the College.
Case Studies: Real Life Examination
A clinical studies course is required for the Health Practitioner program, and the Post Graduate Programs in Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Oriental Medicine, and the Holistic Nutritionist program. It features a few well documented clinical case studies giving the student the opportunity to prepare for consultation work. The student must perform three clinical study cases, according to the model provided, and then write a report.
Post Graduate Program: Thesis Paper and Internship
For Post Graduate programs in Naturopathy, Homeopathy or Oriental Medicine, students must write a thesis paper. Students must also complete an internship, consisting of 36 hours at a AMCC approved practitioner’s office. Once this is completed, students submit a summary report.
Passing grade to obtain a diploma is set at 70%. It is the cumulative average of all assignments plus the final assignment.
Continuous assessments are worth 60% of the final grade.
Case studies are worth 40% of the final grade.
Note: If you choose to study under the “Personal” status, you do not need to take exams.
If you fail:
You must get a grade of 70% to pass a course. As in many other institutions, if you fail, you have a second chance. After two failures, if your grade is high enough (70% or more), you will have to retake the entire course and resubmit another exam. If your average is below 70%, your tutor will contact you about a possible change in program or orientation.