In honor of our theme this month, RAIN, as well as our new partnership with Miccant, the homeopathy software, we present to you a series of remedies sensitive to wet and rainy weather.
Vision in the Rain
In this wonderful software, which I have the chance to try for free, you can do keyword research and get results in all of the directories that you have included in your software. We have chosen among others Boericke, Phatak, Boenninghausen, Clarke, Murphy and Knerr. For those who do not know homeopathy of course this may sound Chinese, but you may appreciate with this article how much the remedy is individualized to the person.
So in the rain we find the following directory sections:
- Fear of the Rain. Who is afraid of the rain? Well the following remedies: elaps and naja. Two remedies taken from snakes, but not the same. Naja is an Indian cobra and elaps is a Brazilian snake.
- Irritability in rainy or cloudy weather: aloe, am-c
- Gloomy in rainy weather: am-c. (ammonium carbonicum)
There are even people who imagine hearing the rain at night when it is not falling: calc, chin, ph-ac, staph, sulph, verat.
With regard to the pains aggravated by the rain, one often finds Rhus-tox, even if there are others (for example for Nux-vomica, with ear problems worst in the rain and cold wind)
Small Portrait of Rhus-Tox in the Rain
Here are some sections that link the two:
- worse in rainy weather
- fever after getting wet in the rain
- etiology: sitting on wet earth
- to have been wet while warming himself
- being wet / wet while sweating
- after getting your head wet
- paralysis after getting soaked
- rain hives
- cracked skin from getting your hands wet
- numbness of the hands near moisture
- Pain in extremity worse in wet or rainy weather
- pain in the feet, joints, stiffness in the back …
The list is still long, I could go on for a long time. This is to tell you that the Rhus-tox remedy should come to mind in cases of pain related to humidity or rain.
A real case
I now want to tell you about a real case that I had to deal with, linked precisely to Rhus tox (but not so much to the rain).
If you look in this Vision software, under the remedy Rhus-tox, you can find the summary of the following profile:
- Causality (etiology): sprain or stretching of a muscle, tendon … / lying on damp ground (as seen above) / getting wet while warming up (also seen above), l cold air ect. all this can cause a “Rhus-tox case” which will eventually justify this remedy.
- The aggravations for this kind of patient include:
- cold, humid temperatures, rainy temples, draft.
- rest, or even the first movements are problematic.
- cold, humid temperatures, rainy temples, draft.
- The person is improved by the following methods:
- heat, hot drinks or local applications of heat, especially in the shower.
- when the movement continues, the position changes.
These last two modalities enabled me to settle the case I wanted to tell you about.
The patient had suffered for several years from pain in the hip (at the joints) and she had to remain lying / sitting because unable to do daily chores like standing to wash dishes, clean floors, take out washing from the machine ect. In short, a very embarrassing situation for a mother of 4 children.
The stiffness in her hip joints was only improved by the hot water in the shower, and when she walked for a while. This is what dictated the choice of the Rhus-tox remedy, a single granule in 200CH dilution on the tongue. Instant improvement. Small relapse a day or two later (pain) so we give two granules that have been diluted in a bottle of water (classic method) and after two sips several hours apart, the problem completely disappears from the circulation.
I mention you in passing … the patient was me! Three granules have succeeded in doing what hundreds of dollars in massage and osteopathy have failed to completely fix.
Conclusion Rain Remedies
Each aspect of a case is therefore important, but it is above all the somewhat strange and particular elements that help to find the right remedy.
If you have a toothache, for example, there are a lot of remedies associated with it. But if the toothache appeared after getting soaked (in the rain for example), it is Lachesis who stands out clearly. Whereas if it is simply an aggravation of an already existing toothache, when there is a rainy weather, we will think of nat-c (natrum carbonicum). The first is a remedy of animal origin (the snake) and the second of mineral origin – a world of difference, but in both cases there is a toothache!
There is even a remedy for those who dream of being drenched in the rain (mag-c) and those who dream of a rainbow (coff-t). If your patient’s rheumatism breaks out at the approach of a storm, think of meli (melilotus, the bean). Phosphorus, our remedy for fearful people, does not feel well when it senses that rainy weather is approaching.
So thank you to Miccant for kindly lending us Vision, which we hope to be able to use in a possible online clinic, where AMCC students can use their knowledge as part of the homeopathy program.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also like: