Fit after the holidays
Everyone wishes each other good wishes, a happy new year and good health for this new decade. May this pro-health wish be a reality this winter even after excess and bad food combinations or even overdoses of sugar and fat. After the modified rhythm of life of the festive month (heavy meals, late sleeps, emotions, stress…), the organism and the digestive system can be tired, all the more if we have not been reasonable enough (this is is not always easy to refuse the greedy temptation). Our immune system can also be weakened. Here are a few tips :
– Take a single diet (rice or fruit) for one or three days to give the liver rest and support it.
– Drink rosemary (liver) infusions for a month.
– Listen to your body: it is possible to feel the need to reduce the meat.
– Avoid bad food combinations (meat and cheese or meat and fruit for example) which make digestion difficult.
– Eat rather vegetarian in the evening.
– Reserve the animal proteins for lunch and in the morning.
– Avoid caffeine, alcohol, refined salts and sugars, industrially prepared and processed foods, hydrogenated oils or harmful food additives.
– Steam simple foods and add olive or camelina oil, herbs, spices and herbs.
– Make cold pressed juices with a majority of vegetables (greens).
– Hydrate well with 1.5 L or even 2 L of water per day.
– Do a month-long probiotic course to strengthen the intestines and the immune system at the same time.
– Take a lot of vitamin C for three weeks to strengthen immunity and fight against fatigue.
– Resume or start a physical activity (thirty minutes a day).
Finally, do not feel guilty about excess. It would affect our morale and sometimes even our health. We took advantage of the holidays and our surroundings. That said, let’s get into good habits with the right New Year’s resolutions and the few extra pounds will go off without a restrictive diet. If necessary, the courses of the AMCC or a naturopath can help to make good decisions.
Katia Batut Lucas
If you enjoyed this article, maybe you’d also like: