One of the celebrations that everyone looks forward to is Halloween. However, when we think about Halloween we think about candy. With all that we know about the problems caused by sugar, here are some interesting alternatives for you, and for children, other than the traditional apple or orange, if you plan on celebrating this day.
Offering Toys Instead
There are several toy options that can be given on Halloween. Here are some ideas that may be just as popular as candy.
- Individually packaged and easily assembled, these little planes will put a smile on the faces of children of all ages;
- Super balls. They are available everywhere, but also online at Amazon. Order them ahead of time and you will have them in time for Halloween. They come in all kinds of graphics and colors;
- The price isn’t different to what you would pay for sweets and it is original. Of course kids will have prints all over their arms, but it’s a much better alternative to a chocolate bar;
- Fake mustaches. They come in packs of 12 for about $ 20. An original idea;
- Stickers are a must. They often come in rolls of 1000 with all kinds of pictures and texts. Give one or five to each child. You will be the most popular house in the neighborhood;
- These can be found everywhere; containers containing soapy water with ring-stems to make bubbles. Another winner with the little ones;
- An original idea: LEGO bricks. If you aren’t far from a LEGO store, you can stock up for Halloween;
- Glow in the dark bracelets. They come in packs of 100, for about $ 25. Another original idea;
- Another type of bracelet type; the “slap” bracelet that wraps around the wrist. 50 of them are about $ 18;
- Not really a toy, but more in the useful object category: mini carabiners that can be used as key chains. On Amazon, a pack of 20 costs about $ 40, or $ 2 per carabiner;
- Keychain flashlights. A practical object that isn’t more expensive than a chocolate bar. As a comparison, Meco 45Lumen Mini Flashlights in a pack of 10 are $ 15, or $ 1.50 each
- Smiley notebooks (or any other images) are something useful. The price is also affordable; $ 15 for 24. A nice alternative.
“Health Treats” Ideas
- Organic juice packs. One of the online options comes from “The Honest Company” and offers 8 packs of organic apple juice for $ 9.50. Surely there are local alternatives. Just do some research online;
- Organic fruit strips. The option we found is available online at Amazon sold by Stretch Island. 48 individually wrapped strips of fruit for $ 11.50. Much better than sweets;
- Individually wrapped honey sticks. A pack of 50 sticks is $ 15, sold by Nature’s Kick Honeystix. On some comments, people were questioning the quality of the honey, but we all agree that it is a better alternative to a chocolate bar. There are other options available for a little more, and the quality of the honey seems to be better. The choice is yours, but you now know the product;
- Organic sweets. The option we saw is sold by Yummy Earth and contains 40 individually packaged lollipops for $ 15. Surely there are other options in your area.
With the options included in this article, there is no point in avoiding this holiday which is very popular with the little ones. In fact it’s a great opportunity to teach healthy options to people around us.
If you have questions or comments, do not hesitate to send them to us. Especially if you have other healthy options. They will be added to the list. Thank you.
If you liked this article, maybe you’ll also enjoy: