Arthritis involves primarily inflammatory pain. I will clarify immediately because as soon as we talk about osteoarthritis, we talk about arthritis. It is not the same thing but anyone can be wrong – me included. That’s why I wrote this article: to make sure I understand the difference.
So arthritis is an inflammatory pain. She (he? we’re talking about the patient here, not the disease!) is NOT relieved by rest and wakes up at night. It increases with physical exertion and requires morning rust removal which can take half an hour.
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is primarily mechanical pain, but it can also include an inflammatory component. It IS relieved by rest and does not wake up at night. It also increases with effort and requires an early morning rust removal of about a quarter of an hour.
Now you can play guessing games with your kids and ask, “What doesn’t get better with sleep, wakes up at night and takes time to break up in the morning?” Let’s see what they could answer you: a baby? an alarm-clock? And no, you will tell them, it is arthritis!
Causes of Osteoarthritis
Here, heredity plays an important role. An abnormality in the joints that hold the bones together can eventually cause deterioration of these joints.
- Obesity, of course, causes significant stress on the lower body joints.
- An accident or a specific job. Someone who spends his day with a stapler to staple fences wakes up in the morning with his hand fully folded. It takes him almost half an hour to unfold his fingers (rust removal?).
I’m skipping in this article the whole range of “traditional” medical solutions (not as in chinese medicine, but as in what would my doctor at the hospital recommend). Even though we say we like to work together with them, really we disagree.
- Silica is sometimes recommended (in low doses) to cure osteoarthritis – for a minimum of three months.
- In addition, MSM is an important source of organic sulfur (not to be confused with SMS, source of organic suffering) and recommended for osteoarthritis.
- Terpenes, like Abies Alba in aromatherapy, are good general stimulants so they limit the breakdown of cartilage. Abies Alba also contains esters with inflammatory properties, so they limit the obvious inflammation in osteoarthritis. In fact, inflammation maintains the destruction of articular cartilage.
- Vitis, in gemmotherapy, can relieve painful joints. It can be offered in the form of 1CH glycerin macerate. Similarly, the following choices are relevant: Viscum Album, Sequoia Gigantea and Rubus Fructicosus (note that all of these names rhyme).
Indeed, we will try to make a drainage of the renal system, because the crystalloid waste fouls the joints.
It is therefore with the help of comprehensive care and gemmotherapy that we will be able to limit the aggravation, strengthen the joint tissue, fight pain and increase the patient’s quality of life.
Quality of life means: less pain and more mobility. We cannot give back to an 80-year-old man his joints in his twenties. But maybe we’ll allow him to dance like he used to in the 30’s.
If you liked this article, maybe you’ll enjoy: