To detoxify the liver and purify the system, we generally recommend cures, or mono-diets, where the benefits of a food are highlighted for a few days. During this time, the body gets rid of toxins and accumulates the vitamins and minerals specific to the chosen treatment. It is necessary to choose according to the problem of the patients and the emunctory to drain. According to the CMDQ and its tutors, the first emunctory to be purified to facilitate the functioning of the system is the liver.
Here are some examples of fruit cures found in our course 231 Health Education:
The grape cure is highly effective for self-cleansing with little effort. All the emunctories are involved: complexion lightens rapidly and the skin is purified; kidney and liver drainage is deep but unaggressive; the intestines regenerate, soothed of fermenting and putrescence, and lightly cleansed by fiber. Stools are surprisingly healthy and odorless from the third day of the cure. All writers on the subject of the benefits of this mono-diet say that it is physiologically and psychologically rejuvenating, and that apart from a few known contraindications, it is always beneficial.
What Can it Cure?
Particularly easy to digest and eupeptic (favoring digestion), detoxifying and revitalizing, the grape cure is perfect for convalescents, anemic patients and people of a neuro- arthritic or sanguine-plethoric constitution. It corrects the terrain in patients with:
- high cholesterol levels, etc.
- It is also very useful in treating chronic constipation, lithiasis and dyspepsia.
How to Proceed with the Cure
- Possible contraindications: not indicated for insulin-dependent diabetics.
- Periodicity: grapes should be eaten as much as possible in September and October.
- Characteristic: Only use grapes of agro biodynamic origin, and wash them well in vinegar water. Every year many cases of digestive irritations (esophagitis, apthosis, and gastritis) are caused by the consumption of overly treated grapes. Place your orders ahead of time. Six kilograms of grapes are eaten in two or three days. White grapes are sweeter but contain fewer vitamins. Black grapes contain more tannin, and sometimes irritate sensitive stomachs. The whole grape should be eaten. Indeed, the pH regulating principles, essential fatty acids, anthocyanins and bio-flavonoids are concentrated in the skin and seeds.
- Cure progression: After one or two days of a hypo toxic diet, eat only grapes for several days. White or black grapes, whole or as a juice, three to six times a day. Quantities consumed depend on your needs and objectives. With less than two kilograms a day, the autolytic principle similar to that of fasting takes effect; the body only receives less than 1800 calories. This is the strictest form of the grape cure. With more than two kilograms per day (2.5 to 4.5 Kg/day), the powerful depurative principle of the grape takes effect (emunctory stimuli) as well as that of the mono-diet. With an intake of 2200 to 3600 calories per day, the body autolysis very little and is able to conduct daily activities normally. When it is cold, drink warm grape juice (40 degrees) or hot herbal tea, well after or before eating the fruit.
This cure is an excellent detoxifier, and a powerful diuretic. It also drains the liver, intestinal and skin emunctories. It rematerializes and also acts as a nervine and muscular tonic, and a tissue ‘rejuvenator’. It has anti-infectious properties and stimulates the immune system. As a cure it will satisfy those who want to lose weight or purify the liver, cleanse the bladder, kidneys (lithiasis) and joints (rheumatism, gout).
How to Proceed?
- Contraindication: people with digestive problems such as colitis and dyspepsia would benefit more from a grape cure or poached cherries (with care).
- Periodicity: the month of June (the short period during which cherries are sold). If 4 to 6 days is too long for a first mono-diet, try 24 to 48 hours four times in a month.
- Presentation: Always choose fruit with a green stem indicating that it is time to be picked, and be careful to rinse cherries in vinegar water before eating them, as with almost all fruit that is not peeled.
- Cure progression: It is important to follow instructions on the length of the cure (see above) in order to avoid metabolic problems and to benefit more from the cherry cure. Freely associate with a few glasses of fresh cherry juice, especially upon waking and with meals of raw cherries – fresh and chewed thoroughly – and a stewed cherry dinner, without exceeding three kilograms per day.
Sweet Apple Cure
This cure lasts 1 to 10 days; always begin with short mono-diets. Fruit as food, as a remedy and as a symbol of countless virtues, the apple cure is precious for its anti-rheumatic, diuretic, gentle laxative and muscle and nervine tonic qualities. Also, in treating anticholesterolaemia and stomach problems (digestive, intestinal antiseptic and gastric protector). According to Dr. Valnet, apples are excellent tissue rejuvenators, general depurative and stimulators and decongestants of liver cells. Generally appreciated by everyone, raw or cooked, this mono-diet provides rest for the body without acidifying it. Both the young and the old can benefit from it regularly and use it to treat or prevent:
- biliary or kidney stones (lithiases),
- and bronchial affections.
How to Proceed with Sweet Apple Cure
- Contraindications: acute colitis due to cellulose. Peeled and with the core removed, grated apples even have anti-diarrheic qualities. Cure tolerated by diabetics.
- Periodicity: Traditionally in autumn and/or winter. The sweet apple cure can however be applied at any time, for a day or as a longer and comfortable mono-diet: pleasant and warm (stewed apples) or fresh and cool (raw apples).
- Presentation: Many varieties of apple have been ‘rediscovered’: the hardiest types (often the most flavorful), also generally contain the most active, nutritional and curative principles. Avoid cures of acidic apples, which have much more of a cooling action and are not as well tolerated in the medium term. Choose organic apples.
- Progress of the cure: Eat 1.5 to 3 kg of sweet apples throughout the day, raw, thoroughly chewed, as a juice (juice extractor) and/or stewed.
If you enjoyed this article, you’ll probably like: