Since the world has gone Corona-Crazy, if I can put it that way, there has been a boom in interest in studying online. With reason! Who wants to stay at home and go around in circles, better to work his brain (instead of his stomach!)
The question that often comes up is therefore: how do you become a naturopath with online training?
Study Naturopathy Online
At the beginning of the creation of the Collège des Médecines Douces, there were classes with teachers (I still remember, I was very little when I walked around the first offices, at the time!) – there was a whiteboard with colored pencils. I saw videos of the principal who taught at the time with patience and humor. Too bad for the desks and the pencils, this same director has chosen to put everything online!
Is it better or not?
Of course, we lose humor in the quality teaching of the said director, but we find instead:
- ease of access to information like never before;
- respect for their pace of study and their daily constraints;
- permanent contact if needed with a qualified (and very kind!) tutor – who is not lacking in humor either!
- quality course content because there is more availability to re-edit it often.
The Qualities to Develop in the Student
The student also benefits from distance learning on the following points (taken from our site):
- Autonomy through the ability to follow the subsequent development of knowledge of the profession.
- The critical mind that allows the analysis of arguments in the field of natural medicine.
- Creativity to open up the study to other dimensions by associating new elements with them.
- Adaptability to changing situations, the transformation of society and the renewal of social values.
- Communication, that is, knowing how to make the resources of their knowledge accessible to everyone.
Ultimately, it’s better for the environment. Indeed, according to research from the Open University in Great Britain, online courses take 90% less energy and 85% less CO2 emissions per student than traditional in-person courses!
Let’s add that right now, it’s even a way of studying that can save your life!
If you liked this article, you might like: