For the pastry
● 250 g flour
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 50 mL neutral oil or olive oil
● 70 mL water
● 1 pinch herbes de Provence (optional)
For the appliance
● 3 tbsp. old-fashioned mustard
● 1 onion, thinly sliced
● 2 handfuls vegan grated cheese (optional but recommended)
● about 50 cherry tomatoes
● herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, garlic powder
For the dough
1. Mix the flour, salt and herbes de Provence in a bowl, then add the oil and water.
2. Mix with a fork and then by hand until a ball forms.
3. Roll out with a rolling pin on a well-floured surface or baking paper, and line a 28cm-diameter mould.
For the tart
4. Preheat oven to 200°C.
5. Once the pastry is in the tin, spread the mustard generously over the whole surface.
6. Arrange the chopped onion on top of the mustard, then cover with a sprinkling of grated vegan cheese.
7. Now arrange all your little cherry tomatoes to fill the mold. I had a gap between the edges of the tart and my design, so I filled it with two round tomatoes cut into small pieces. You can simply add more cherry tomatoes!
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting to allow the tomato juice to set.
Tell us in comments (👇) what you think!