If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, chances are you won’t have a lot of choices when it comes to supplements, because most are out of reach for you!
Here’s a list from our courses 445 Orthomolecular Approaches and 353 Phytoenergetics – a non-exhaustive list of all contra-indicated products in case you’re breastfeeding or pregnant. What a wonderful way to review our course content!
- CLA – Conjugates linoleic acid – indicated in cases of muscle training. It inscreases the muscle mass and decreases body fat.
- HCA – Hydroxycitrate – prevents fat cells from storing fat from food sugars. Decreases appetite.
- Red Rice Extract – red yeast rice: by inhibiting the reductase enzyme, it reduces cholesterol production (LDL) and increases the good cholesterol (HDL).
- Chorella: alga with a lot of proteins and fibers – detoxifying qualities, and also immune system stimulant. used in cases of anemia as well and treat intoxication by heavy metals.
Bone and Joint Health
- Glucosamine stimules the synthesis of collagen (cartilage) surrounding the joints. Relieves pain from inflammation, arthrosis and arthrisis.
- Chondroitin also contributes to the formation and maintenance of cartilage tissue. Also not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
- MSM: Methyl Sulfonyl methane – indicated in cases of arthrosis.
- Horsetail: plant with classic indications such as osteoporosis, fracture consolidation and osteoarthritis.
- Turmeric: in joint disorders with inflammatory component.
In Case of Vascular Problems
- Vinpocetin: Increases blood flow to the brain. More efficient than ginkgo biloba. Indicated for short-term memory.
- Horse Chestnut: traditionally used in cases of venous insufficiency disorders
Other Product Not Recommended for Pregnant or Nursing Women:
- Beta-1,3-glucan: renowned for its ability to stimulate the immune system.