What a joy to finally carry life! The 2nd trimester is the time when the paunch is most visible and everyone notices the famous glow of the pregnant woman. Sometimes annoyances come to spoil this happiness. In addition to rest, it is important to:
- pursue the recommendations of your doctor, obstetrician, midwife above all.
- eat animal and vegetable proteins, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, foods rich in calcium B1, B6, B9, iron, iodine, zinc.
- watch out for sodium.
- reduce or avoid as much as possible all the stimulants, coffee, tea, chocolate.
- incorporate raw vegetables before the cooked meal.
- shun refined sugars, industrial and prepared foods.
- keep hydrated all day- 2 liters of water per day and more.
Some essential oils possible during the 2nd trimester for:
- the anxieties: HE petit grain bigaradier, ylang-ylang.
- the pregnancy mask: HE celery, lemon.
- stretch marks: HE geranium.
Some useful plants for:
- nausea: lemon balm, chamomile matrix, ginger as an infusion.
- constipation: blond psyllium tea, marshmallow root as a bedtime tea.
- fatigue: a decoction of thyme leaves.
Katia Batut Lucas
Naturopathic and nutritherapy practitioner
Arsenault, Céline, Welcoming my child naturally, Quebec (QC): Le Dauphin Blanc, 2009.
Festy, Danièle, What essential oils for my pregnancy? Paris: Leduc.S Pratique, (2011, 2016), 2018.
Pierre, Michel, Gayet Caroline, My Bible of Herbalist Secrets, Paris: Leduc.S Pratique, (2016), 2018, pp. 306-330.
If you liked this article, you might also like: